The Older Americans Act (OAA) funds critical services that keep older adults healthy and independent—services like meals, job training, senior centers, caregiver support, transportation, health promotion, benefits enrollment, and more.
The Act is overdue for reauthorization—and we’re urging Congress to seize this opportunity to update and renew its commitment to these programs and those they serve. See which Senators, Representatives, and organizations publicly spoke up for our OAA Support Drive, mobilized by our One Away Campaign for Elder Economic Security.
- S. 1562, Older Americans Act Reauthorization Act of 2013 and NCOA letter of support
- NCOA summary of S. 1028, Older Americans Act Amendments of 2013
- Hearing on “Reducing Senior Poverty and Hunger: The Role of the Older Americans Act”
- NCOA summary of S. 3562, Older Americans Act Amendments of 2012
- NCOA summary of S. 2037, Older Americans Act Amendments of 2012
- H.R. 4122, Older Americans Act Reauthorization Act of 2014 and NCOA letter of support
- Hearing on “Serving Seniors Through the Older Americans Act” featuring NISC Leadership
- H.R. 3850, Older Americans Act Reauthorization of 2014 and Rep. Gibson’s press release
- NCOA Recommendations
- Leadership Council of Aging Organizations: Consensus Recommendations for the 2011 Older Americans Act Reauthorization
- Administration on Aging: Reauthorization Listening Forums
- Administration on Aging: Reauthorization Principles